Personal Information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, the details of the product that you’re ordering and your size/measurements. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a bespoke item, for example), if you contact me directly through my email or online form.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- Comments or reviews on the website
- Need to identify entrants and winners such as for competitions or giveaways
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services compliance with the Yelena Buck Terms and Conditions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you choose to sign up to the Yelena Buck Newsletter which is a email newsletter on products, discounts, news etc, then your information is stored on MailChimp. Your Email address, and name will be stored with Mailchimp until you remove yourself from the newsletter or ask for it to be removed. You can remove yourself from the newsletter at any point via the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of each newsletter, or you can contact me to remove it for you.
Paypal is the only way you can pay for an order. Your personal information is stored by payap for the payment transaction and shipping delivery.
Third parties Paypal, one.com and wordpress, royal mail
I use contact forms for enquires of bespoke or custom orders, This information will only be used for the purpose of fulfilling a bespoke or custom order.
Site Visitation Tracking
I use annoymous visitor tracking to keep track of user interaction. I use this data to determine the amount of visitors using the site and to better understand how they find and use the web pages.
I use Google analytics with Monster Insights WordPress plugin and Slimstat WordPress plugin. Although information such as approximate geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system are collected, all IP addresses are masked.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Yelena Buck, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Yelena Buck, 33 Russell Avenue, Sprowston, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 8XE, UK